“He who fails to plan, plans to fail”

I was recently inspired to start writing a blog, which I have called “Power of Intention” – the idea that when you plan to do something, you can often find the way to do it.

My passion is financial literacy and specifically in personal finance education for young adults. As someone who aspires to be a financial planner, talking about money and planning for the future is something I already do on a regular basis. Now I’m hoping to be able to put some of my thoughts into an online journal for any and all to peruse at their leisure.

Over the next few weeks and months I’ll be writing about psychology of young people and money, tips for successful money management and ways that I try to stay fiscally responsible despite living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, New York.

In addition I intend to discuss professional and social networking, transitioning into the professional world, effective ways to use your spare time and similar topics that readers of all ages may find interesting.

I look forward to hearing about the experiences that have led you here today, and what the future might hold for you. While we may not always find ourselves on the route we intended to travel, it’s the journey that really counts.

(Originally posted January 7, 2010)